Friday, March 7, 2008

Welcome!

I'm a sexuality educator with experience creating and facilitating workshops on a variety of topics including healthy sexuality for women in recovery, reaching out to LGBT youth, HIV prevention, and healthy sexuality for people living with HIV. I'm also the proud mother of 16 month old Leo. When Leo was just a few months old, I was attending a mommy and me yoga class with him and one of the moms in class asked for advice on how to respond to her 2 year old who had recently discovered her genitals. As I listened to the other mom's responses to her, it occurred to me that this is just one of the many questions that new parents have early on regarding the sexual development of their children. I came up with the idea for "Having 'the talk' before they can talk," a sexuality education parenting workshop for new and expectant parents.

No comments: